Together with the Republic of Austria, ÖJAB founded the Austrian Europahausgesellschaft m.b.H in 1956. They established it as a European educational institution in the castle of Europahaus Wien. It became a place of pilgrimage for discussions on subjects completely outside of any party politics. Leopold Figl, Dr. Bruno Kreisky and Dr. Rudolf Kirchschläger are among the numerous well-known people who visited Europahaus.
Later renamed the European Academy, Europahaus Wien became a member of the Federation of Europe Houses. At the same time, in the early 1960s, under the direction of ÖJAB, new residential buildings were built in the castle park, which operated as a Europahaus student residence.
In the western part of the large park is a one-storey farm building, today’s “Europahaus Restaurant”. The greenhouse, known as the ORANGERY, on the enclosure wall dates back to the first half of the 18th century and is very well preserved. In the well-kept park several old trees have been declared nature monuments. In 1999, the foundation stone was laid for today’s hotel, which was opened in 2001. Today, as then, Europahaus Wien is an international meeting place and educational institute at the same time.